Let’s make a deal:
Next time I say “I’m gonna start watching some Whedon stuff,” you just stop me, okay? No, seriously. Do it. I just can’t with him anymore. I’ll quote myself:
Wash FTW! I love that actor so much!! He was playing with dinosaurs, he won me right there!
he gave Mal blood… someone hold me
#my feelings are bursting #i can’t #omg #idk if it’s normal to be insane about this #but i saw him with the iv and i just can’t #i gotta keep watching #manu watches #firefly #out of gas #wash #mal #wash x mal #bromance #oh god send help
So how does he do it? How does he know who the hell it is I love the most??? How? The show is ten years old, so explain to me how he knew I was gonna like Wash the most. It can’t be a coincidence, he keeps killing the ones I love the most, show after show. Fucking Joss Whedon. Fuck you.
And Serenity was so good, funny, and action-packed, and I don’t think I can review anything because He. Killed. Wash. A fucking-something went through him, and he killed him. And those assholes Reavers probably got him too, but hey! Let’s thank Whedon we did not see that, right?
Ugh, I really want to review properly, here’s me trying:
- Where’s the sequel so Inara and Mal can stop being so stupid? Took Doc and Kaylee long enough…
- And LOL, River could totally kill everyone with her brain
and dance moves. Awesome sauce :D I really loved the flashbacks with Simon rescuing her, it was really great to see that.
- I know Book died, but I never cared much for him… so Whedon 1247965325 - Manu 1, take that Whedon! I am curious about his past, but not too curious. When he said to Mal that he didn’t have to tell him about it, I thought that was quite alright. Some things can be left unsaid. (looking at the crazy LOST fans rn, you know who you are.)
- Freaking Zoe didn’t even have time to mourn before almost getting sliced… Whedon’s a lovely fellow!
- The Reavers reveal was really interesting, but now I can’t review cause I mentioned Zoe and all I can think about is how Wash’s gone and he was not the one flying Serenity.
- Fuck. You. Whedon.
I felt the need to start with some new show, so here I am, once again, at the mercy of Whedon…
I’m a bit confused as to whether I started on the right episode or not. I started by a two-part episode called “Serenity”… and I know the movie is called that, but it was listed as the first, and it aired in 2002. So I just assume this two-parter goes before “The Train Job,” timeline wise, so that’s why it’s listed as the first episode.
About the actual episode:
- Wash FTW! I love that actor so much!! He was playing with dinosaurs, he won me right there!
- Everyone is quite alright so far.
- I think I’d like Jayne way less if it wasn’t because his role in Chuck started quite alike (being a bit bad, or more on the begrudgingly nice/good side). I’m hoping no money will be enough to buy him.
- Only Whedon would have a priest doubting his faith while a companion advices him.
- How gorgeous is Morena???
- I guess Inara and Mal had something going on, so I wonder if she was a companion back then, or what happened. And what was up with the time, did she really jinx the clock? Can she do that?
- Another interesting polarity is Mal’s past as a Sergeant and present as a sort of intergalactic thief. Of course he was going to let the Doc and River stay <3 His sense of justice outweighs everything else.
- Joking about Kaylee being dead, tho, not very cool Capi!
- I knew that Dobson was the mole, the Doc was acting OTT weird, so it couldn’t be him.
Gonna go watch episode 2, or 1, IDK, I hope I watched it in the right order!
I’ll probably be done by tomorrow or Friday, because it’s freaking Whedon. Probably not ready for the feels, I’ll report back!