Anon said: “Bitch Chuck been there all night and day for Blair” - I answered:
You’re right, bitch, he has. I shall recap it:
- Blair, Chuck’s best friend’s girlfriend, was sad, vulnerable, drunk and taking off her clothes, so Chuck noticed her and slept with her in the back of a limo.
- She was ready to let that be a mistake from her past but he wasn’t… so he sweet talked Nate, his best friend, out of Blair’s birthday party, which he knew would hurt her. He had the nerve to place a bet against Nate showing up, which, if triumphant, would mean Blair sleeping with him again.
- He continued to scheme and almost ruined her cotillion. He blackmailed her because if he’s not happy, why whould she?
- She got a pregnancy scare, everyone found out about them, Nate dumped her, her minions turned her back on her, and as if that wasn’t enough humiliation, he said, and I quote:
Blair: You’re all I have left.
Chuck: Actually, you don’t even have me.
Chuck: You held a certain fascination… when you were beautiful, delicate, and untouched. Now… now you’re like the Arabian my father used to own. Rode hard and put away wet. I don’t want you anymore, and I can’t see why anyone else would.
- She gave him a second chance and was willing to spend the summer with him… but a leopard can’t change his spots and Chuck Bass cannot resist a skirt.
- She moved on during the summer… but people apparently aren’t allowed to do that. So he acted like a jealous Basstard, and left her crying once again because Chuck Bass cannot share his feelings what with all his daddy-issues…
- Except that he shared more depth with Vanessa while scheming against her, than he ever shared with Blair. And once his daddy got in the way of him and V, he decided that Blair was gonna have to fight for him and do the chasing.
- She was finally willing to tell him that she loved him, but Dan wisely told her to be careful, and he was right: with Chuck, everything is a game, and outside that, they cannot be.
Chuck Bass: I think we both know, the moment we do, it won’t be the start of something, it’ll be the end. Think about it, Chuck and Blair going to the movies? Chuck and Blair holding hands?
Blair: You know it’s not a real relationship if you can’t hold hands.
- All of a sudden they had “tonight,” and then Bart died. Blair tried to be there for him, and when she finally told him that she loved him his answer was “that’s too bad.” He left, got into trouble, Blair tried to help him, again, but he was the Basshole we all know he is about it.
- Blair’s future fell apart but he didn’t even took notice because he was too busy chasing a complete random woman, with whom he was going to leave the States to move to Sao Paulo, after spending the best night of his life with her or something… But this woman left without him, so it was time to bounce back to Blair, who actually realised that Chuck had been away when he needed him, and told him to sod off.
- She reconnected with Nate, and he tried to ruin that, until the finale, in which he said the “I love you” Blair wanted to hear.
- Chuck said the words so they were, uhm, “happy” with the help of random strangers they used to play their games, because they cannot be without them.
- They managed to cut that crap for a bit and remained completely boring while at it.
- Jack returned and, since Chuck would rather have the Empire than Blair, why not whoring her for it to avoid losing it? And why not blaming her for it to get rid of the… responsability -Bass does not do guilt or shame-?
- And why not trying to force his way back to her by planning a wedding? And then she said:
Blair: Everything you said last night was true. We do belong together. We’re both sick and twisted. If you think about it, we’re incredibly fortunate to have even found each other.
Chuck: Blair, I don’t want this to be you settling some sort of consolation.
Blair: We’ve both hit rock bottom, Chuck, but we’ve hit it together. At least we won’t be lonely in hell.
- And then, seeing Dorota and Vanya so happy, she realised that she didn’t like who she’d become with him and that she wanted pure and simple love and he wasn’t it. They broke up… five seconds later, he was already finding his way under some woman’s skirt right in front of her.
- She tried to find someone else, but he got in the way, and she realised that she didn’t have to kiss anyone to prove something to Chuck, rather, one day, she was going to kiss someone but for her.
- He decided to give her an ultimatum… for some reason, she forgave him about the whoring and everything else, and she planned on meeting said ultimatum, but Dorota went into labor so she didn’t make it on time. Because he was oh, so depressed by it, he slept with Jenny…
- Blair went to look for him at the Empire and, with Jenny hiding around, he reconciled with Blair. He hurriedly got the hell away from the hotel, and was about to propose to her when Dan gave him a well deserved punch. Dan was actually tactful and prompted him to tell Blair the truth, but the coward kept shut and Blair figured it out on her own. She tells him to never speak to her again. She goes off to France, he gets shot…
- Guess what? The woman that saves him, Eva, means the world to him, so of course he doesn’t have trouble expressing his feelings for her and they return to the US together. But Blair schemes and it all sends Eva packing, which causes Chuck to declare war to her, he even says that she brought back the worst of him.
- In revenge, he wants to take Columbia from her and he manages to do some damage, for which he even brought Jenny back.
- For some unknown reason, she rellapses back into bed with him and then they split, again, when she decides that she wants to be a poweful woman.
- He falls in love with Raina in two days and opens up to her, because she is… NOT Blair. Things fall apart and he feels the urge to bounce back to B, after he didn’t give a damn for her in ages, and right on time with Blair’s happiest time next to Dan.
- He learns that Dair kissed, so he schemes and it blows up on his face, and she tells him:
Blair: You have years before you’re capable of a real relationship. If you ever will be. I’m sorry Chuck.
- He learns that Prince Louis wants to propose to Blair and guess what? He crashes a party, vents private details of his relationship with Blair to the Prince’s mother, and humiliates her even more by exchanging these words with her in front of everyone:
Chuck: Match, Blair. You proved that you can score a prince. Okay, I admit you made me jealous. Now let’s go back to my place so you can collect your prize.
Blair: Stop this. You’re embarrassing me.
Chuck: What? It’s not me who’s disrespecting these fine people, it’s you! Pretending you’re going to marry this French phony. It’s a joke.
- That wasn’t it: after trying to force his ring on Blair and causing some glasses to land on the floor, she naïvely went to tell him about her engagement, but remember when he whored her for his hotel? Apparently, that happened because she is his, check this out:
Chuck: I need you Blair. Like I never have before. Everything I believed about my father, everything I thought I wanted to be, what I needed to be for him, it was all based on lies. The only thing that’s ever been real is me and you. And you know that. That’s why you came back to me.
Blair: Louis asked me to marry him.
Chuck: You won’t marry anyone else, you’re mine.
Blair: I wanted to be. I wanted it so badly. Not anymore.
Chuck: You’re mine, Blair.
Blair: No! Stop it Chuck! I said it’s over.
- That exchange up there ended with Chuck forcing himself on her, injuring her when his rage made him throw a punch that shattered a glass window behind her head.
- She had a nightmare with him, but when she spotted Jack back in the city, for some very weird reason, she decided to warn Chuck about it. The moment he saw her, he said, and I quote: “Look who finally came to her senses.”
- She was kidnapped by Russell Thorpe because of him when she said this: “I know you think the Basses are evil. Trust me, I get it. I loved Chuck for so long and he’s punished me for it. He ended up treating me like something he owned instead of something he earned. And it destroyed me. I thought I’d never get over it. But I finally found a way out of the darkness, and you can too.”
- Don’t ask me why, but once safe, the most riddiculous moment in the history of Gossip Girl took place: they crashed a Bar Mitzvah and slept together.
- She was going to leave Louis, because “what’s mere happiness” in the face of a complicated love that always pulls her in? Being happy it’s not the most important thing, “people don’t write sonnets about being compatible. Or novels about shared life goals and stimulating conversation. The great loves are the crazy ones” she said… Funnily enough, even despite her wanting to be a powerful woman, she didn’t get the final word, because Chuck made the decision for her! He even says, which is all kinds of ironic, “Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not powerful. You’re the most powerful woman I know.”
- And when Blair was leaving for Monaco, she said goodbye to him as if they were good old friends…
You’re right Anon, he’s been there, day, night and nightmares, even, to make her life a living hell of which she cannot escape. Who wouldn’t want a Chuck Bass in their lives to have an ounce of Blair’s unhappiness?
→ Original post