- Dan tells Cyrus this story that might hurt Blair is coming out and he knows the details of it. It would be really bad to have this land right now while she’s in the middle of her royal wedding stuff.
- Cyrus tries to stop it can’t. He tells Dan. Cyrus asks Dan why this is so important to him, forcing Dan to admit one of two things: admit he wrote the book or admit to loving Blair. Dan tells Cyrus that he wrote the book and with that information they are able to get it stopped.
- All we have to do to protect Dan’s secret is have Cyrus say that he’s a lawyer and anything Dan says to him is protected by attorney-client privilege.
- He knows Blair is happy right now and doesn’t want anything to mess that up.
- Set up a relationship between Cyrus and Dan where he really sees how much Dan cares about his stepdaughter, that he’s bright and smart. In future episodes, Cyrus can even nudge B toward Dan, suggesting that maybe unlike her mother she can skip the first marriage and go straight to the guy that loves and understands her even though he doesn’t fit the profile. Cyrus: “Do you think your mother would have married me at your age?”
509-510: Blair struggling with Chuck v. Louis. Chuck shows up at wedding, but Blair is already gone…she ran away from the wedding with Dan, the person she realizes she really feels safe with.
- Chuck appreciates her twisty insides and Louis is her bright fairytale, but Dan really knows and appreciates her.
- Or she goes through with the wedding and runs away with Chuck afterwards.
- Chuck gets in a car crash chasing her? Might be too much at once.
- Feels like Dan is saving her from mistake, and there might be romance after.
501-511 Blair/Dan General
- Play longing with Dan throughout first half. He’s becoming a celebrity, can have all the pussy he wants, but he just wants Blair.
- Blair confides in Dan through the whole process.
Back half is Chuck v. Dan for Blair.
- If Blair ends up with Dan, it should be the lonelyboy version of Dan. But now he’s Jonathan Safran Foer—Lonelyboy by choice.
Dan is embarrassed that his feelings for Blair got published. He feels rejected by her. Meanwhile, she has to deal with the fact that the book portrays her as having feelings she claimed not to, but knows she secretly did.