I felt the need to start with some new show, so here I am, once again, at the mercy of Whedon…
I’m a bit confused as to whether I started on the right episode or not. I started by a two-part episode called “Serenity”… and I know the movie is called that, but it was listed as the first, and it aired in 2002. So I just assume this two-parter goes before “The Train Job,” timeline wise, so that’s why it’s listed as the first episode.
About the actual episode:
- Wash FTW! I love that actor so much!! He was playing with dinosaurs, he won me right there!
- Everyone is quite alright so far.
- I think I’d like Jayne way less if it wasn’t because his role in Chuck started quite alike (being a bit bad, or more on the begrudgingly nice/good side). I’m hoping no money will be enough to buy him.
- Only Whedon would have a priest doubting his faith while a companion advices him.
- How gorgeous is Morena???
- I guess Inara and Mal had something going on, so I wonder if she was a companion back then, or what happened. And what was up with the time, did she really jinx the clock? Can she do that?
- Another interesting polarity is Mal’s past as a Sergeant and present as a sort of intergalactic thief. Of course he was going to let the Doc and River stay <3 His sense of justice outweighs everything else.
- Joking about Kaylee being dead, tho, not very cool Capi!
- I knew that Dobson was the mole, the Doc was acting OTT weird, so it couldn’t be him.
Gonna go watch episode 2, or 1, IDK, I hope I watched it in the right order!
I’ll probably be done by tomorrow or Friday, because it’s freaking Whedon. Probably not ready for the feels, I’ll report back!