Thor 2: The Dark World
I wasn’t particularly fond of the first part, but Tumblr was gonna spoil me, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s episode was tied with the events of this movie, and there's a theatre that has really cheap tickets on Fridays (less than U$D 4), so I decided to go for it, and I asked Ceci if she wanted to come along.
And so we got there in time for the 3D version… glasses over glasses, and it was on. And I mean, really ON.
To put it simply: I absolutely loved it. It did not have any breathing space, it was just insane from start to finish; in typical MARVEL fashion, it was funny, it was flashy, it was beautiful, and it was not without its poignant moments.
Is it just me, or you truly don’t know how handsome Chris is until you see his face in 3D? The whole movie was stunning, the 3D was freaking well used. I wonder how crazy movie theatres are gonna get in the future, like, with a 360 experience, so once you go out to the real world and there aren’t crazy aliens attacking, you’ll feel a million times more relieved/disappointed.
If you haven’t watched it, and you’re reading this, it’s time for you to stop because now I’ll go into details, so ***SPOILER ALERT***
- Thor’s first scene was so appropriately epic. AMAZEBALLS!
- Sif’s too, that girl needs her own movie or something!
- Chris O’Dowd!!!!!!!!!!! I love that guy, he was so great! Kat Dennings was hilarious, I love Darcy, and her intern was a great addition (the keys!!).
- I’m glad they didn’t brush off what happened to Eric in New York, and I’m happy he’s more or less recovered, or at least functioning more properly, as in, wearing pants…
- Frigga was so badass, I loved her! I was so freaking sad when she died, the pyre funeral was so beautifully done (my head instantly went to Beowulf), the score from that scene took away a part of my soul, I swear.
- I loved how ~Team Thor helped him escape, freaking great moments for all of them!
- They made Zach blonde and it worked! Was he in the first part? I swear that if he was, I didn’t realise!
- I actually liked Natalie Portman here. I’m not her biggest fan, but Jane was way better used than in the first part, and they gave her some fun things to do.
- I was shocked by the lack of S.H.I.E.L.D. involvement. Did it have something to do with Coulson not being alive in movie canon?
- All the action, basically the whole movie, had me on edge. It was A+.
- WHEN LOKI MADE HIMSELF LOOK LIKE THE CAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULD NOT EVEN.
- Yeah, Loki, oh, Loki! I first went a bit insane when he freaking cut Thor’s hand, but I instantly realised it had to be a trick.
- Problem was, I sorta couldn’t really believe that he was dead-dead… and the end!!!!!! Did he kill/imprison Odin??? WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!
- The first post titles scene: was it the Aether in that box?
- The second post titles scene (which everyone but Ceci and me watched cause all other 8 people had left!) was lovely, but wasn’t it on the trailer? I don’t even think I watched the trailer properly cause spoilers!, but I think I’d seen it somewhere, which… seriously? THE LAST SCENE YOU SPOIL? I’m just glad I didn’t really remembered it till I watched it.
- But what does it all mean? Will Thor be staying among humans? How will girls not touch his chest when he takes the subway to go to… work? Only time will tell…
- Till then, BRAVO! I really, really loved it, and I don’t know if the rest of the world agrees or not, but it was really Iron Man III levels of great for me.
MANU!! SAMCHEL!! *FLIES INTO THE SUN* XD I might start watching Glee again... hehe
It was so freaking weird! Sam and Blaine got off the subway and I thought Sam and Rachel could be nice, and then they actually started playing that up!
I think it would have been better if they’d been a bit more subtle about it, like just include the bit with her getting all self-conscious about touching him in the shoot, but it’s Glee, so…
I’m totally in, I thought of them together when she was involved in bringing him back from his stripper days, and now that he’ll be in New York, I think it could be great IF DONE PROPERLY.
BUT I JUST GOT BACK FROM WATCHING THOR SO I NEED TO BLOG ABOUT THAT BECAUSE I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!